Finally, Prayer Letter is OUT!

Dear Friends,                                                                                                              April 10, 2016

            Thank you so much for your prayers for me leading up to this point. I am so excited for the opportunity to serve the Lord in Mexico with New Tribes Missions next school year and to see what God will be doing in my life. God has been doing a good work in me. He has been teaching me a lot about what faith in Him looks like, and Him calling me to Mexico feels a lot like a test!
As an update, I will be going to Sanford, FL for training from June 20-29. I will return after that to Maine to finish preparations, and then I will be heading to Chihuahua City, Mexico late July. I will be teaching a sixth grade class there at Colegio Binimea, an NTM school. I am finishing my Master of Arts in Teaching Elementary Education, and I still am feeling terrified of the responsibility of being a teacher! There are a lot of unknowns at this point, and I am taking a step of faith. God has increasingly proven to me that He is calling me to this mission, which just means that He is going to give me the strength and ability to excel there!
Currently, there are three obstacles that I need to overcome before leaving in July. My first is to finish my degree, which Lord willing will be finished by the time you are reading this letter! Second will be the training in Florida in June. I have some reading and work that I have already begun as preparation, and I am excited for the training that the trip will bring. The third obstacle is raising support. New Tribes has set up a budget to meet my needs while in Mexico at $2,018.00 a month, from August 2016-May 2017. This is a challenging adventure that God has called me to!
The best way to support me at this point is through prayers, which I covet as I prepare and follow God’s will for my life. I also would greatly appreciate financial help as I’m raising support. These are difficult times in our economy, and I know many people who are already praying about how to support missionaries. I pray that the Lord also blesses you as you consider giving.
The easiest way to give to this trip is through https://usa.ntm.org/missionaries/ariel-huntress which goes directly into my support account. Checks can also be mailed to me or to New Tribes Missions directed for Ariel Huntress.
I also want to use this letter to announce something that I am very excited about! I have started my mission blog, LionofGodMissions.blogspot.com. I will be able to use this blog to keep all of you updated on how my classroom is going, what ministries I am working towards, and what God is doing in my life. I will also be able to share prayer requests easier and faster. For my church family here in Maine, my mom is already planning to print out copies for those who do not have a computer. So plan on staying updated. I also encourage my teens and anyone else who wants to keep in touch with me to get Whatsapp on their phone. It has become a vital tool of communication with my family in South Africa, and I will be able to use it likewise in Mexico.
Thank you for your prayers and continuous support! I am so blessed with the people God has provided in my life up to this point. I cannot express how thankful I am for this time. I feel blessed beyond words.

                        All for God’s glory,

                              Ariel Huntress

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lion of God Missions

What Waiting Looks Like

My Strength is from God

Throwing Out the Fleece – Part 1

Showing Our Fruit

Oh Come Let Us Adore Him

My First Love

It's Been Awhile

Feelings

Relationally Speaking