Lion of God Missions

Lion of God missions. I struggled with what to call this blog! Mainly because every idea I so cleverly came up with was already taken… But, this is the perfect name for MY blog. My name, Ariel, means Lion of God in Hebrew. So it fits me perfectly to name my ministry blog, Lion of God Missions.

I remember the first time I was told the meaning of my name. There is something powerful that happens inside a kid when he or she finds out the meaning of their name. WARNING to all new parents, check out the meaning of names you like before naming your child. When I found out my name meant Lion of God, I was only a kitten of God. So to know that I needed to grow from kitten to lion was a little intimidating but also exciting. I would not say I am there quite yet, but I do see some lion characteristics in me. Usually in the form of aggressively pursuing whatever I want. Thankfully, I have submitted my wants for whatever God wants. Or at least that is my daily goal.

My life verse is Galatians 2:20. “I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.” The point being, my lion personality given over to pursuing only what God wants is me fulfilling the meaning of my name. I would challenge you now to go look up the meaning of YOUR name.


Everything in my life is a mission: my family, my friends, my church, my classroom. Currently, I am en route to Chihuahua City, Mexico with New Tribes Missions. So that is my most current mission that I will be blogging about.

Comments

  1. I can't wait to hear of your adventures in grace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything about Ariel's life is serving God and His truths as a Lion Of God. I have no doubt she will faithfully serve God in Mexico just as she has done with everything else in her life. She may think she is only a kitten, but I see the lion in her already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got your prayer letter today Ariel! We will be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What Waiting Looks Like

My Strength is from God

Throwing Out the Fleece – Part 1

Showing Our Fruit

Oh Come Let Us Adore Him

My First Love

It's Been Awhile

Feelings

Relationally Speaking