Sunday, July 10, 2016

Pre-Field Orientation Update

It’s good to be back on here and posting! Over the past month, a lot has happened. I was able to go to the Pre-Field Orientation (PFO) training at New Tribes Missions USA headquarters, my computer completely died losing everything on it, and I had two friends from South Carolina come to visit me at my home in Maine! 

For those few who knew and were praying about my computer issues, God has been good. My computer is fixed and basically a brand new computer at no cost to me. The downside is I did lose everything on my computer, which all I can say is I’m thankful I am finished graduate school so I do not have to worry that much about redoing any papers. Speaking of which, while in Florida I received my degree from school. I am officially graduated!! 

This post is more of an update on how PFO went in Florida. I will take time later to write an update on my support levels and what’s going on now. I had such an excellent trip, and God used my time there in Florida to help me grow in more ways than I could have hoped for! 

I know this is very small, but this is the schedule for the 10 days of training. It was a very busy schedule, and I was thankful for the breaks to slip in naps and walks. I loved the topics and speakers! The entire 10 days ran so smoothly and every moment seemed important to my coming mission in Mexico.
One of my favorite parts of this trip was the location! The sunsets were AMAZING. I personally love walking, and we happened to be staying in an area with a long walk alongside this beautiful lake. It made me feel at home. 

New Tribes Missions USA headquarters currently is held in a very historical building, and I thought it was worth sharing how cool it is. My mind automatically starts wanting to explore, so I'm thankful we began the trip off with a guided tour around the property and buildings.
The guest house was extremely comfortable, and the food provided was a huge blessing. They definitely know how to take care of guests. It felt more like a vacation at times rather than work.

This is off the back porch of the building, and you can see the water in the distance. Coming from Maine, the daily heat and was a bit of a shock 

Each day and each session had us digging into the Scriptures, which I love. I should later take time to post pictures of some of the required reading books that we read and looked at during some of the sessions. I am a natural student learner, and wish at times that my life could always be filled with learning sessions, Bible reading, and group conversations!

Did I mention yet how much I loved the setting and sunsets in Florida?


The fellowship at PFO was my favorite part. I cannot remember the last time I was surrounded by so many like-minded people. These two especially are right around my same age and pursuing the same exact things in life! There were 20 people in our group, and we bonded and took time to encourage each other way beyond my highest expectations. Unfortunately, I was the only one in the group headed to Mexico, but I can't wait to see these people again, even if its in heaven. 

Something else neat that was of personal enjoyment was the wildlife. I'm always on the outlook for animals, and Florida and Maine have a vast difference in wildlife! I got to see a few alligators, which if you look carefully you will see one in this picture around 11 feet long. I also got to talk to some fisher men about what type of fish this area gets. The most exciting adventure was seeing a wild manatee, which is a first for me! I can't wait to find out what type of wildlife I'll be seeing in Mexico. 


I have to end with a final sunset picture.
Psalm 19:1, 14
"The heavens declare the glory of God, and the sky above proclaims His handiwork.
Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, oh Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer."

No comments:

Post a Comment