Sunday, December 11, 2016

Wrapping up for Christmas

It is so hard to believe that Christmas break is coming up so fast! Just one more week before break begins, and I get to see my family again. I’m so excited to go home, yet I consistently find myself getting emotional about leaving my students. This small break makes me look towards the end of the year. I’ve never been that good at saying goodbye no matter where I’m leaving, and I’m already preparing myself.

I have my class filling out a “shopping list” for me to get over break. One of the things I have on the list is high heels. I’ve pretty successfully been able to wear flats up till a few weeks ago and still be taller than my students, but I’m starting to notice about half of them are going to be taller than me very shortly! I get so excited to see them growing: physically, emotionally, spiritually, academically.

Here are some quotes from my students. I asked them a few days ago what they felt has been the most valuable thing that they have learned since the beginning of this school year.

“I learned that the Bible has been proven many times. I also have learned to study every day of the week.”

“I have learned that by using God’s Word and Bible we can learn to witness to other people.”

“1. I learned how to witness to people. 2. I learned to work together so we can finish faster. 3. I learned how to have a better relationship with God. 4. I have learned nothing is impossible with God.”

“I have improved in my work and learned many things. I have been able to improve in my relationship with God.”

“I learned how to have a better relationship with God for my whole life.”

“The most important thing that I have learned was to have a better relationship with God.”

“I learned the hidden messages in Jesus’ crucifixion.”

“I learned that I need good education so that I can get a good job and life. I also need a strong relationship with God.”

I'm so thankful for this opportunity to connect with this class and to be there to watch them grow! They are the best gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment