It's Been Awhile

It has been awhile since I’ve added an update! School has been busy, and it is not lacking in daily stressors that require constant attention…and prayer.

For those of you who are faithfully praying for me, I’ll add a few updates for you. One prayer request is for revival in my classroom and in my own heart. The last month has been difficult, and part of the reason for that is a lack of focus on what actually matters: glorifying God. I’ve been challenging my classroom to really be praying for God’s presence among us each day to help us keep growing closer to each other and closer to Him.

One praise that I’m very excited about is our break from school next week. My roommate’s family is coming down from Canada this Friday, and we have some plans to see a different part of Mexico that I haven’t had a chance to explore yet! I’m very excited, and I can’t wait to share pictures and updates on how that goes. I’ll also be very thankful for the time of fun with friends. It feels like it’s been awhile since I’ve left the classroom for some real adventures.

Here are my violin players :)
Here are my violin players :)
One area that is new for me this semester is my music lessons. Coming back from Maine over Christmas break, I was able to bring my violin back with me. I have two students currently, and I am loving teaching music again! I miss my piano and my guitar back home, but having my violin to play with some of my students makes up for it all. J

My final real good news…I have discovered how handy and amazing Uber services are. Both my roommate and I are feeling footloose and fancy free since discovering how easy and safe we feel with Uber. Now I sound like a commercial. Basically, Uber is a taxi service with a few more checks involved for safety, and it is very inexpensive considering how fast and convenient the services are. Last Sunday, my roommate and I took an Uber to church. Then we adventured out on the town for sushi and Starbucks, which if you know me are two of my biggest all-time weaknesses. I miss my car a lot, but this discovery has been a huge blessing for us! Freedom to get around when needing to or just for fun has been a struggle at times.

All that to say, I am loving it here. Back home, my family is buried in snow. Here, I am experiencing the most beautiful weather (it was around 85 degrees F today) and really enjoying what God is doing in my life and teaching me. J God is very good, and His blessings are beyond what I can describe, and I love Him.

Psalm 37:4
Delight yourself in the Lord,
and he will give you the desires of your heart.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lion of God Missions

What Waiting Looks Like

My Strength is from God

Throwing Out the Fleece – Part 1

Showing Our Fruit

Oh Come Let Us Adore Him

My First Love

Feelings

Relationally Speaking